Kóczy, Á. László
Short professional bio
László Á. Kóczy graduated from the University of Cambridge reading Mathematics and from KU Leuven in Economics, where he also completed his PhD under the supervision of Luc Lauwers. He has spent some time at Maastricht and Óbuda Universities before joining the Centre for Economic and Regional Studies of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He is also affiliated with BME. He has published over 30 papers in the fields of cooperative game theory, voting, economic theory and scientometrics. He published his book on Partition function form games in 2018 by Springer. He is currently working on the theory and applications of cooperative games, power indices, the apportionment problem and some experimental papers.
- Kóczy, L. Á. (2018). Partition Function Form Games. Theory and Decision Library C 48, Springer International Publishing.
- Kóczy L. Á., Biró P., Sziklai B. (2017): US vs. European Apportionment Practices: The Conflict between monotonicity and proportionality, Trends in Computational Social Choice, ed.: Ulle Endriss, 309-325.
- Kóczy L. Á. (2015): Stationary consistent equilibrium coalition structures constitute the recursive core, Journal of Mathematical Economics 61, 104-110.
- Biró, P.; Kóczy L. Á.; Sziklai, B. (2015): Fair apportionment in the view of the Venice Commission’s recommendation, Mathematical Social Sciences 77, 32-41.
- Kóczy L. Á. (2012): Beyond Lisbon: Demographic trends and voting power in the European Union Council of Ministers, Mathematical Social Sciences 63, 152-158.
- Csóka, P., Herings, P.J.J., Kóczy L. Á., Pintér P.M. (2011): Convex and exact games with non-transferable utility, European Journal of Operations Research 209, 57-62.
- Kóczy L. Á. (2007): A recursive core for partition function form games, Theory & Decision 63, 41-51.
- Csóka, P., Herings, P.J.J., Kóczy L. Á. (2009): Stable allocations of risk, Games and Economic Behavior 67, 266-276.
- Kóczy L. Á., L. Lauwers (2007): The minimal dominant set is a non-empty core-extension, Games and Economic Behavior 61, 2., 277-298.
- Kóczy L. Á., L. Lauwers (2004): The coalition structure core is accessible, Games and Economic Behavior 48, 86-93.